Monday, December 22, 2008

Introduction

I'm making this blog because I'm tired of having to sort though thousands of forum posts looking for the information I want on running OSX on MSI's Wind laptop.  I am not suggesting you run OSX on your unsupported laptop, this is only for educational purposes.  If you decide to do this, you do so at your own risk.  

I will be posting fixes for problems in one simple collection.  Everything I post will have been tried, and will be known to be working.

What works in this install:

USB
Ethernet
WiFi
Bluetooth
Hotkeys (for display brightness, volume, etc)
CD slot
Camera
Speakers
Headphone Out
Trackpad
Keyboard
Video Card (at native resolution too)
Video Output
Sleeping and Wake up
All updates from software update except for OS updates (10.5.4 to 10.5.5 for example)
Migration Assistant

What doesn't work

Microphone
Microphone in
OS updates need fixing after installing (10.5.4 to 10.5.5 for example)
Hibernation

No comments:

Post a Comment